DAVE SMALLWOOD – HEAD COACH/ ON-SITE TOURNAMENT PREPERATION
GPC at WHISTLE BEAR JUNIOR PERFORMANCE TEAM
- GIRLS DEVELOPING COMPETITOR (6 members) Coach Mike Martz
- GIRLS ADVANCE COMPETITOR (6 members) Coach Dave Smallwood
- BOYS NEW COMPETITOR (8-10 members) Coach Mike Martz
- BOYS DEVELOPING COMPETITOR (8-10 members) Coach Mike Martz
- BOYS ADVANCED COMPETITOR (8-10 members) Coach Mike Martz
- BOYS ELITE COMPETITOR (8-10 members) Coach Dave Smallwood
The fee for the 2016 is $2300.00 +tax for the Team Members under 13 years of age and $2700.00 +tax for the New Competitor, Developing Competitor, Advanced Competitor and Elite Competitor Teams.
- Team members who are part of the Canadian National Team Program, GAO High Performance Team or GAO Regional Teams will receive a 50% reduction in Whistle Bear Junior Performance Team fees.
- Players choosing to opt out of the Whistle Bear membership will receive a reduction in team fees. Team members under 13 will be reduced by $300 + tax and those 13 and older will receive a deduction of $500 + tax
- Those choosing to opt out of the memberships will be responsible for any green fees for all on-course sessions
- Non Whistle Bear GC members will not have access to the practice facility or Whistle Bear Fitness Centre other than during team practice and strength and conditioning sessions.
The Whistle Bear Junior Performance Team program includes the following:
- Junior golf membership privileges at Whistle Bear GC.
- Practice range privileges at the Golf Performance Center @ Whistle Bear.
- Winter practice privileges in Whistle Bear practice room. (new for 2017)
- Year around Professional Coaching
- 5- bi-weekly individual video golf lesson during the training stage (November 1st– December 31st)
- 5- individual golf video golf maintenance lessons during the competition stage (May/June/July/August)
- 1-60minute instruction session per week (Feb/Mar/Apr) group 4-6 player – 1 instructor ratio
- Spring Golf Summit
- Whistle Bear GC Junior Tour Tournaments
- 90minute team practice per week (May/June/July/Aug/Sept)
- On course strategies and course management
- Consultation from team College Recruiting Advisor Jenn Hause
- Opportunity to work with team Sport Psychologist Dr. Rich Ennis.
- Professional Strength and Conditioning by certified Fitness Expert Angella Lee, B.Sc.
- Nutrition programs by certified Fitness Expert Angella Lee, B.Sc.
- Access to Whistle Bear fitness facility
- Rule training
- Shot tracking
- Equipment assessment and club fitting with GPC PGA of Canada Certified Fitting Technician
- Discounted on club purchases through the Whistle Bear golf shop
- Access to state the art GPC video system, Flightscope Launch Monitor and Ping putter testing and fitting.
- Team clothing package.
- Team Golf Bags.
- Tournament and scheduling consultation
- Provincial and National Championship on site coaching for the duration of the Championship (new for 2017)
To apply for the 2016/17 Whistle Bear Junior Performance Team please submit a small bio including to Team Coach Dave Smallwood at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is October 15, 2016
- Players name
- Address, phone, email
- Parents names and contact#
- Date of birth
- Present club and experience
- Tournament accomplishment
- Other athletics and accomplishments
- Any previous instruction
- Volunteer history
- School history
- Any other info you may think will help me get to know the junior better.
Thank You for your interest in the Whistle Bear Junior Performance Team
PGA of Canada Director of Instruction
The Golf Performance Center @ Whistle Bear
2012 PGA of Ontario Teaching Professional of the Year