The 2016 team will see some changes from our previous 9 years at Whistle Bear GC. In an effort to create a greater level of commitment, development and competitive results, the team will train from November to the end of September. Team sizes will again be reduced for more manageable and productive groupings. Players will also start the season in November with a series of 5 -1 hour private video lessons as to allow players to make swing mechanic changes prior to the February/ March/ April practice and general prepatory cycle. This will allow our players to be more prepared for the competitive cycle, at the start of May and avoid any further swing changes (see attached periodized training plan below). Our team program will again be broken down in to eight separate programs to address the needs of all team members. These programs are as follows:
DAVE SMALLWOOD – HEAD COACH/ ON-SITE TOURNAMENT PREPARATION
GPC at WHISTLE BEAR JUNIOR PERFORMANCE TEAM
· GIRLS NEW COMPETITOR (4 members) Coach Mike Martz
· GIRLS DEVELOPING COMPETITOR (4 members) Coach Mike Martz
· GIRLS ADVANCE COMPETITOR (4 members) Coach Mike Skimson
· GIRLS ELITE COMPETITOR (4 members) Coach Mike Skimson
· BOYS NEW COMPETITOR (8 members) Coach Mike Martz
· BOYS DEVELOPING COMPETITOR (8 members) Coach Mike Skimson
· BOYS ADVANCED COMPETITOR (8 members) Coach Mike Skimson
· BOYS ELITE COMPETITOR (8 members) Coach Mike Martz
The fee for the 2016 is $2200.00 +tax for the Team Members under 13 years of age and $2500.00 +tax for the Developing Competitor, Advanced Competitor and Elite Competitor Teams.
· Team members who are part of the Canadian National Team Program, GAO High Performance Team or GAO Regional Teams will receive a 50% reduction in Whistle Bear Junior Performance Team fees.
· Players choosing to opt out of the Whistle Bear membership will receive a reduction in team fees. Team members under 13 will be reduced by $300 + tax and those 13 and older will receive a deduction of $500 + tax.
· Those choosing to opt out of the memberships will be responsible for any green fees for all on-course sessions
· Non Whistle Bear GC members will not have access to the practice facility or Whistle Bear Fitness Centre other than during team practice and strength and conditioning sessions.
The Whistle Bear Junior Performance Team program includes the following:
· Junior golf membership privileges at Whistle Bear GC.
· Practice range privileges at the Golf Performance Center @ Whistle Bear.
· Year round Professional Coaching
· 5- bi-weekly individual video golf lesson during the training stage (November-February)
· 5- individual golf video golf lessons during the competition stage (May/June/July/August)
· 1-60 minute instruction session per week (Feb/Mar/Apr) group 4 player – 1 instructor ratio
· Spring Golf Summit
· Whistle Bear GC Junior Tour Tournaments (members)
· 1- 90 minute Team practice per week (May/June/July/Aug/Sept)
· Consultation from team College Recruiting Advisor Jenn Hause
· Opportunity to work with team Sport Psychologist Dr. Rich Ennis.
· Professional Strength and Conditioning by certified Fitness Expert Angella Lee, B.Sc.
· Nutrition programs by certified Fitness Expert Angella Lee, B.Sc.
· Access to Whistle Bear fitness facility
· Rule seminars and testing
· Shot tracking
· Equipment assessment and club fitting with PGA of Canada Certified Fitting Technician Andrew Milloy
· Discounted on club purchases through the Whistle Bear golf shop
· Access to state the art GPC video system, Flightscope Launch Monitor and Ping putter testing and fitting.
· Team clothing package.
· Team Golf Bags.
· Tournament and scheduling consultation
· Provincial and National Championship on site coaching
- Players name
- Address, phone, email
- Parents names and contact#
- Date of birth
- Present club and experience
- Tournament accomplishment
- Other athletics and accomplishments
- Any previous instruction
- Volunteer history
- School history
- Any other info you may think will help me get to know the junior better.